Sunday, April 17, 2011

Maybelline Falsies Mascara

And today I start my first official blog post! I woke up this morning and knew exactly what to write about: Falsies Mascara!

I purchased this mascara a few months after it first came out. I bought The Falsies Volume Express for $6 at Target. I had heard really great things about it and was in the market for a new mascara. After using Covergirl Lashblast Volume for quite some time, I had pretty high standards for mascara. Lashblast was a great option for me because it had a pretty dry consistency, which means it is harder to smear and it thickens your lashes very easily. I have pretty long lashes, so length isn't a top priority for me when looking for a good mascara. I really like volumized lashes but not too clumpy.

About the Product
Maybelline claims that Falsies Mascara will give you dramatic lashes just like those of false lashes. They say that this mascara will volumize your lashes without clumping them up. This mascara is also known for its interesting wand, which creates a spoon-like shape. I purchased the regular Falsies Mascara (meaning non-waterproof) in the color "Blackest Black". Maybelline also caries another type of Falsies called The Falsies Black Drama Mascara, which claims to be an even darker and richer black color.



Clumps?
For the first few weeks that I had this mascara, every time I pulled the wand out of the tube a large clump of product would be at the end of the bristles. Usually I would just wipe it on the side of the tube or on a tissue, but after a few weeks, that problem went away because I was using up the mascara. Even though the wand was clumpy at times, the clumpy-ness (did i just invent a word?) never transferred onto my lashes. So, I agree with Maybelline's statement: No clumps!

Consistency & Color
This mascara has a very watery consistency, but like with all mascaras, after a few weeks they dry up a little and the consistency becomes thicker (which I prefer). This mascara is very dark. The name says it all: it is the "Blackest Black!" I as surprised how dark it really was, considering their is an even darker version of the mascara. Basically, I don't think there is a need to buy the Black Drama mascara. The regular Falsies is dark enough.

The Wand
The wand did take a little getting used to. On the Maybelline website they say to "hold brush with spoon side upwards against lashes" for the best results. Personally, I don't think it maters which way you hold the wand.



The Price
I think that the price of this mascara is amazing! I mean $6! How can you beat that? Although drugstore products are more inexpensive than department store cosmetic items, the drugstore can still be a bit pricey. I have seen some mascaras at the drugstore that are over $10 which can be an annoying cost to pay especially for something you need to replace so often. But, drugstore is the way to go. Drugstore mascaras are as good or if not, better than high end mascaras.

Packaging
As I have said before, I like cute packaging. This product has really nice packaging. It catches your eye on the shelf with its bright teal and purple colors. The mascara looks cute in my make up bag or at my vanity. :)

...

So here comes some negativity. The main thing I don't like about this mascara is the amount of effort I have to put in to make my lashes look false. With a name like "Falsies" you have the impression that this mascara would make your lashes look false with one coat. However, that is not true in reality. With one coat, this mascara is nothing special. It isn't volumizing at all. It separates your lashes and makes them very dark, which some people may like, but is not what this mascara claims to do. With two coats it doesn't get much better. To get my lashes to my liking (to look false), then I have to apply 3-5 coats, which personally, I think is a huge waste of time. While getting ready in the morning, applying my mascara is not what i focus my time on, but when using this mascara that is what I must do. Now, you may be thinking "but, one coat looks fine!" Yes, that is true, but people purchasing this mascara are clearly looking for false looking lashes and one or two coats of Falsies Mascara doesn't do that.

This is with no mascara:



All in all, I do like this product. It gives a nice look to your lashes, but takes up too much of my time in the morning to get the look. But with a price like that, it is a great find. I give this product a B.

Have a lovely day!

xoxo roseyreview

No comments:

Post a Comment